Monday, March 10, 2014

Toledo Station

Another amazing train station in Spain is Toledo.  Not to be confused with Ohio, this is the old capitol of Spain
In the 8th century, the Iberian peninsula was ruled by the Moors of Northern Africa.  And although this station was built early in the 19th century, I assume this stations architecture is influenced by that period of Spain's history.  The Moors used this city as their capitol.
 This tile work is amazing, I wish I had the patience to put down tile like this, Home Depot can't even hook you up with the raw materials to pull-this-off.
 By the time I left Toledo, lights in the station were turned on.  I think these are over 100 years old too.
The outside of the station is in good condition too.  This is looking back from the platform.
This train also servers Toledo station, runs around the inside and outside of the city.  Believe it or not, it's made from a Toyota something. I have seen lots of modified cars but not one that moved the dash board of the car to the trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment