Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Repatriation, for real...

This past week my assignment in Italy ended and I'm currently in the process repatriation to the US after living overseas in Italy and Japan since early 2008.  Repatriation is the process of returning to ones place of origin or citizenship, this is basically what I'm up too.  I'm not quite sure what to expect, hope not much has changed.
I can almost say that I'm coming to America with nothing but $20 in my pocket and something like  a dream but this not quite in the same spirit as a true immigrant story.  I have a plan, but under a certain amount of scrutiny it seems to lack specifics other than i hope the bus system in greater Seattle works.
  My move from Italy was a little less complex compared to my departure from Japan, this is mostly because I had a furnished apartment in Italy, a lot less stuff to get rid of.  This bag has a ceramic Pumi from Grottaglie in it, lets see if it survives the trip to the US.
My last afternoon in Grottaglie was very nice weather, I was able to enjoy the view of old town from the roof of my apartment for a few minutes.  A week later this city was covered in snow, something that did not happen last winter.
I'm moving to Seattle, but to my friends and family in the mid-west, I hope to visit soon.  

1 comment:

  1. Your old blog helped me unlock by Japanese tour bike. Where are you now . I hope life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete