Monday, August 26, 2013

Monteiasi and TAR Airport

My second bike ride was round the Taranto-Grottaglie Airport.
My office is located at this airport, it took me about 15 minutes to bike to my office from my apartment.  For now, it's still to hot to bike to work but  maybe later this year I can do that.
 This is Papafico's, a morning coffee and afternoon sandwich shop.  I go here a few times per month, papafico sandwich is great and only 3 euro.
 This is downtown Monteiasi during 'nap' time.  It's quiet here but in the evening this place becomes alive, people everywhere.
 I was lost until I found 'Via Roma'
 As quickly as you enter Monteiasi you exit Monteiasi.  This is the sign as you leave on 'Via Roma' through to SP81.
 View looking north'ish on runway 35.  Taranto-Grottaglie Airport is important in the history of World War II, the United States Army Air Force used this airfield.  Today it is used by limited commercial and Italian Military use.  I want to get a telephoto lens for my Nikon camera, from the view of my balcony I can see planes taking off and landing at this airport.  These planes include the Eurofighter Typhoon, which is kind of cool.  It's like a weekly air show.
Wind-sock, during my bike ride wind was to my back!!!
 Large planes also use this airport. AN-124 and 747 LCF's.

No comments:

Post a Comment